Re: [Gnumed-devel] Repetitive entry

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Repetitive entry
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:12:06 +0200

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 06:49:10PM +0000, Vaibhav Banait wrote:

> When you follow up a patients, how many times you find
> changed objective parameters. Patient with mole on face will
> continue to have it. The patient with copd will continue to
> have same findings with few differences. Patient with
> chronic liver disease will continue to have similar
> findings.
> This simply means, we unnecessarily continue to type same or similar data
> during consecutive visits.
> If the gnumed allows copying of previous visits data and then pasting and
> modifying it, it will save lot of time.
> Just a suggestion for may be a useful feature.

There's a few ways how this can already be done with GNUmed:

1) copy/paste from the "most-recent-notes-for-problem" in
   the lower left corner of the SOAP widget (see screenshot)

2) copy/paste from the EMR journal

3) copy/paste from the EMR tree

4) copy/paste from the SimpleNotes SOAP entry

5) use text expansion macros for truly repetitive text,
   those are even dynamic with 1.2

Better ways can surely be found but they really need
to be significantly better that what we already have.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de