Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re : Repetitive entry

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re : Repetitive entry
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:55:06 +0200

On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 08:19:06 AM Vaibhav Banait wrote:
> Another solution might be to provide field above s/0/a/p where we can
> create a list of templates, and make execution of abbreviation
> expansion from the list itself. This would make it easy to remember
> abbr. But this is global use of abbreviated expansion.
> What I was suggesting was duplication of individual patient data in
> follow up visit. What karsten suggested appear to hold true till
> better options appear.

We have something like this for pacemaker follow up. We can select from a list
of previous follow up, press copy and get all the old values filled in.

Let me tell you that this constantly leads to errors since data gets copied
not just one tab but multiple sub-tabs. Omission to change all ocurences is
common.

It might be feasible however if there is very limited and easy to keep track
of information (in other words just a few widgets)

For SOAP notes we use copy and paste (and do our best to correct when
necessary).

Anyway when only a few widgets are pre-filled one could require the user to at
least move into each field and prompt if there are "unchecked" fields.

Regards,
Sebastian