Re: [Gnumed-devel] Advance directives (DNR, Do not resuscitate)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Advance directives (DNR, Do not resuscitate)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 19:07:46 +0200

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 04:30:47PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> >> No, that's the (say, line) template to replace fields of
> >> the tag business object into, like
> >>
> >>    $<patient_tags::%(l10n_description)s: %(comment)s//\n::60>$
>

> Ah, ok, that was partly my misunderstanding because
> 'template' is sometimes a reference to some object defined
> elsewhere (such as the reports generated from a .tex
> template). I had further not realized that you had provided
> (by default) for all tags to be included -- which I think is
> a good idea, and needs to be preserved.

"Template" in the technical world typically means something
like "this is what the eventual thing is to be *like*". In
most cases the template is "taken", often duplicated, and
the duplicate modified according to certain rules.

That is exactly what happens here: the template is taken,
copied into a string, and values from the database are
spliced into it according to formatting rules expressed
within the template by means of the formatting (mini)
"language".

>       u'patient_tags',        # "args" holds: <line template>//<separator>

It need not be a *line* template.

> Question about the 'fields' that are available to be used
> in any one placeholder... are these best looked up:

        dem.v_identity_tags

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de