Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholder for PHX

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholder for PHX
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 23:21:22 +0200

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 08:47:31PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> I don't suppose there is an easy way to cleanly omit empty values

Not that I would know right away. At least not with
preserving the flexibility of letting the user specify the
template at the field level.

> , for example when laterality does not apply

A trick might be to omit the "side:" label in which case the
empty (None) value should expand to an empty string.

> Also, I cannot find in laTex guides the usage of
>
>       \n

Ah, no, that's not LaTeX. That's a UNIX style EOL. It tells
Python to put an EOL there which may or may not in an actual
line break in the output target.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de