Re: [Gnumed-devel] conference wrap-up

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] conference wrap-up
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 00:58:28 +0000

On 2012-05-19, at 12:50 PM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> I cited oloh.net

Note it is not oloh, but ohloh (missing the extra 'h'):

        http://www.ohloh.net/p/gnumed/analyses/latest

> Stephan, a physiotherapist who has been using GNUmed for 5 years in live-mode
> gave an inspiring presentation on how GNUmed can be used in a physiotherapy
> practice.

It would be great to create a re-playable screen-capture of the demonstration.

> All people attending the mini-conference expressed
> their believe on GNUmed having great potential in Germany. I even think that
> GNUmed has even greater potential outside of Germany.

I agree. It is just a question of how to "capture" that potential. I expect it
will need

1) people to actually be *using* GNUmed in various locales, who can then become
the demonstration projects around which others can gather, and

2) (if GNUmed is to achieve use in anything more than a solo clinician praxis)
it will need to implement sub-clinician access e.g. front desk / office
assistant access and nurse or physician assistant access. Presently, while it
is possible that a group of clinicians could accept for their office assistants
to have *no* access, or to be granted *clinician* access, neither is a
desirable scenario.

-- Jim