Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication bug

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication bug
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 22:13:49 +0200

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 09:30:59PM +0530, address@hidden wrote:

> On windows, I added a substance mebeverine sr 150 mg , added brand
> ***ease and used it for one patient. I realised that mebeverine sr
> comes as 200 mg. and tried to correct it without success.

That's right. GNUmed will not let you edit a substance or
brand as long as it is in use with a patient. Allowing that
would be a patient safety issue.

> Tried to delete it without success.

Same as with editing. It would be a patient safety issue.

> Added a new substance entry of mebeverine
> sr 200 mg and added ***ease with 200 mg as substance. Now when i
> attempt to add morease sr 200 mg, only the entry of 150 mg is
> displayed and 200 mg is not accepted. That simply means that a brand
> name with a single substance with two different dosages can not be
> accepted by gnumed.

That is correct. GNUmed will not allow the user to use
identical names for different drugs.

Doing so would be a patient safety issue.

One will need to call each unique drug by a unique name.
Everything else would be a patient safety issue. Yes, drug
companies are patient safety issues, as we all know.

My suggestion would be to call the drugs

        ***ease 150
        ***ease 200

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de