Re: [Gnumed-devel] copy and paste in emr

From: Vaibhav Banait
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] copy and paste in emr
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 19:00:45 +0000

Injudicious and irrational use of any feature is bad. The above example
illustrate this fact. But that does not make a feature itself bad.
The aim of any emr should be to make documentation effective and fast. Fast, as
that will allow a willing doctor to use most of his time bedside and not in
front of computer, as a typist.
As jim has said, he creates bands of latex codes. That makes his work easier by
allowing him to compile a beautiful document faster. Think, everytime he has to
type the codes, he is likely to make more mistakes, give less time to content
itself, and once bored may actually end up writing ugly document. Creating
bands actually has reduced his repeatative work and he can concentrate more on
content.
I actually fully support automation in typing work may be by abbr expansion or
by other better means if available.
Individual case report is a case report and not a trend in my opinion.

Regards
Vaibhav Banait,
Gastroenterologist,
Nagpur.