Re: [Gnumed-devel] autohotkey script

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] autohotkey script
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 19:52:39 +0200

On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 03:46:26PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

>  <address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
> Here is the example.
> Please download autohotkey from
> www.autohotkey.com<http://www.autohotkey.com/> and install and
> then run the script as administrator if you want to use it inside
> gnumed
>
> This software runs only on Windows and, of course, everybody and anybody can
> run whatever they want on their own computer.
>
> If it helps any doctor to use GNUmed, that's fine. But it should not be
> confused as any software having much to do with GNUmed.

I think this situation came about because

a) Vaibhav expressed the wish to have at his disposal an
   improved text expander in GNUmed

b) I voiced the idea that, for each platform, there are
   external tools which are dedicated to this kind of
   thing and that each individual application (like GNUmed)
   should only go so far in re-implementing them internally

c) Vaibhav did some research and came up with an example
   which he shared with the community (thanks for that)

> It obviously cannot be any part of GNUmed if the intention
> is for GNUmed to remain a multi-OS project.

Autohotkey scripts can, IMO, be part of GNUmed either at the
tarball or the Windows package level - assuming an
appropriate license is attached to them.

(Unless the autohotkey license itself runs counter such attempts.)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de