Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed conf videos

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed conf videos
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 14:41:17 +0200

On Friday, June 08, 2012 06:43:13 PM Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have recorded 4 videos. I have obtained the raw material and am looking
> into getting something out of it.
>
> Looks like the audio volume is very low. We need to give microphones to
> speakers next time.
>
> I will try increasing the volume. Looks like
>
> ffmpeg -i input.flv -vol 1280 -vcodec copy output.flv
>
> might do the trick. Let's see what can be done about the background noise.
>
> Narration is in German so I will look into creating subtitles of adding an
> English soundtrack.

No subtitles yet. Sound now acceptable. File is now rendering as flv. A player
(might be needed on Windows) will be included.

It is an 80 minute presentation on what GNUmed can do. Story is based on a
simulated patient contact.

File size of the video is around 4,7 GB so I won't be offering if for download.
I am not even sure how long it would take to upload.

If you want a copy you can order a DVD. I will mail you a copy for 20 Euro
plus shipping. You will get a proper invoice. If you order now you are
entitled to a discount on installation DVDs and Live media which will be made
available once GNUmed 1.2 has been released.

If you live in a country where 20 Euro is the equivalent of a month's salary
feel free to ask for a discount (exluding shipping)

Best regards,
Sebastian Hilbert