Re: [Gnumed-devel] PythonUNO in libreoffice

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] PythonUNO in libreoffice
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 13:59:19 +0200

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:58:59PM +0200, Slappinjohn wrote:

> if you work with fields in the template you can have more than one regex
> on each line, so what's the problem?

It is not about having regexen in lines of the LO document.
It is rather about having the LO API do regex searches
against the document text in order to *find* embedded
placeholders.

If a line reads:

        the patient $<firstname>$ $<lastname>$ was here

LO will not be able to detect *each* placeholder
*separately*. It will find the first "$<" and the last ">$"
and it will think the actual placeholder is

"firstname>$ $<lastname"

If we don't use placeholders directly embedded into the text
flow (but rather use the LO internal placeholder mechanism)
the template cannot (to my knowledge) control the
placeholder font/stroke/etc.

Nonetheless, we also do support the LO-style placeholder
element which, indeed, does allow more than one per line.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de