Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History when patient adopted

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History when patient adopted
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:40:12 +0200

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:15:54AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:

> > > Is there currently any concept in GNUmed of where to put
> > personal/social/lifestyle information?
> >
> > Not really. I haven't seen a convincing concept of
> > accomplishing that either, so far.
>
> I would not really be happy if my doctor keeps track of
> all of my personal/social/lifestyle information in a
> database, e.g. in a hospital where nearly all medical staff,
> related to my therapy might have access to it. I could
> imagine that this can lead to situations like: "Oh this guy
> likes soccer team A but I like team B, so let him wait
> another hour and yes, we take the old rusty gauge needle for
> the injection ...".

I understand your concern but Jim's inquiry clearly is about
*clinically relevant* personal/social/lifestyle information.

Also, yes, patients do need to trust healthcare providers to
some degree. Whichever items of their personal space they
don't want to become known they can opt to not disclose.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de