Re: [Gnumed-devel] psql complains when trying to insert into ref.billabl

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] psql complains when trying to insert into ref.billables
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 17:55:47 +0000

On 2012-07-06, at 8:40 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Yes. I cannot tell *why* I once considered ref.billable to
> benefit from auditing - perhaps so that old bills can be
> verified even after related billables have been deleted.

This makes sense, however what still escapes me is why ...

> The more interesting thing is why the corresponding audit
> table does not exist (IOW hasn't been created during
> upgrading). I'll check that tonight.

... this table needs to exist even for the *addition* of records to
ref.billable unless ... wait ... perhaps triggers operate in such a way that
even when an active trigger is irrelevant to a transaction, it must
nevertheless be evaluated in order to decide that it is irrelevant, and for
that to happen the trigger must be 'evaluable'

??

-- Jim