Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed future billing concepts 'invoicing' and 'bille

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed future billing concepts 'invoicing' and 'billed'
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 15:53:34 +0000

On 2012-07-07, at 12:39 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Only the final step of creating a PDF requires an address.
> You can create a bill just fine without one.

I agree any and all bills *could* be handed over to some external application.
Payer preferences would be more-appropriately created and managed in the
*external* system. I had overlooked, until I more closely examined the schema,
that each billed item has a

        status (default 'new')

updatable by the exporter to some suitable alternate value. GNUmed can tolerate
co-habitation of

        some bills directly invoiced
        some bills exported

by user selection of which items to directly invoice, and the exporter should
exclude items which have been already-invoiced. Users who made a mistake would
need their IT praxis support to make the correction.

Each iteration of an exporter 'run' could be documentable as a row in

        bill.bill

thereby achieving a record of when affected billed items were exported. As far
as values for

        fk_receiver_identity
        fk_receiver_address
        fk_doc

- fk_receiver_address could be a representation of the external program as an
'org' (maybe same as praxis address with suitable comment).

- fk_doc could reference any exported data file which had been written to disk.

??

-- Jim