Re: [Gnumed-devel] Latex template incorporating digitized signature

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Latex template incorporating digitized signature
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:40:28 +0200

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 02:49:05AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> The attached

Truly a nice template !  It's great to see GNUmed + LaTeX
being put to good use  :-)

> uses a .png of my signature which I keep stored in the root directory/file
>
>       /gnumed/signature.png

I'd be scared. Please make sure its permissions are 0600 ...

> Notice, in the attached example (in which I addressed the
> letter on Kirk to myself) that I had *logged in* to GNUmed
> as clinician Leonard McCoy, despite which the document bears
> my signature.

I see the problem.

A trick can be employed:

        \includegraphics[whatever
options]{/gnumed/signature-$<current_provider_external_id::MSP//CA
BC::120>$.png}

You will then need to rename *your* signature file to

        /gnumed/signature-<whatever_your_MSP_is>.png

;-)

Eventually, a better solution is to enhance the staff table
to be able to hold a bytea field .signature able to store a
signature image. I would then recommend to store a GPG
encrypted version and have GNUmed ask the user and GPG to
decrypt it on demand.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de