Re: [Gnumed-devel] Billing won't print invoice (despite that Kirk has an

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Billing won't print invoice (despite that Kirk has an address)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 21:06:34 +0200

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 04:35:28PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> >> No. Or rather only if there's an address of type "billing".

> >> No.
> >
> > Those are, btw, gaps in the current implementation.
>
> I gather that an address cannot (in the current implementation) be both a
> home *and* a billing address.
>
> It is laborious to have to re-enter an address, in order to make it (also) a
> billing address.

True enough.

> My suggestion for a future implementation would follow from the name
> aliases... that any one address can have at most one value in the column
>
>       active_billing
>
> set to true. I might even suggest that the address which
> is created in the person entry widget take on this
> attribute, unless there was a preference to not make this
> assumption.

Over my dead corpse :-))

I should want to resist notions of fostering billing over
medicine or demographics.

Nonetheless I would not be adverse to a patch making
configurable the type of address in the new-patient widget :-)

Also, I would think GNUmed should ask whether to
clone-as-billing-address any non-billing address selected
for use in billing as long as no billing address yet exists.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de