Re: [Gnumed-devel] Billing won't print invoice (despite that Kirk has an

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Billing won't print invoice (despite that Kirk has an address)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:05:54 +0000

On 2012-07-11, at 12:06 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Over my dead corpse :-))
>
> I should want to resist notions of fostering billing over
> medicine or demographics.

It is not a question of "over" but rather "in addition to"

> Nonetheless I would not be adverse to a patch making
> configurable the type of address in the new-patient widget :-)

precisely, because until this next is possible ...

> Also, I would think GNUmed should ask whether to
> clone-as-billing-address any non-billing address selected
> for use in billing as long as no billing address yet exists.

then the preferred workflow for any praxis creating new persons who might need
any billing will, by default, to be preferred to set the address type to

        billing

instead of home.

In one's clinical templates (including referrals), one would then need to change

        $<adr_number::home>$ $<adr_street::home>$

        $<adr_number::billing>$ $<adr_street::billing>$

etc

and only in the case where a separate home address exists and needs to be
communicated (because any doctor to whom you refer the patient will also desire
the billing address) then it could be possible to supply both addresses in (for
example) a side by side configuration. I am only not sure how one would
configure, into a template for document creation, something like

        "home address if different"

-- Jim