Re: [Gnumed-devel] Dd vs final diagnosis

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Dd vs final diagnosis
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 09:15:35 +0200

> Hi
> Consider a scenario of upper abdominal pain, where doctor puts assessment
> as
> 1. Gall stone disease
> 2. chronic pancreatitis
> 3. Acid peptic disease
> Now on investigation, duodenal ulcer was seen on endoscopy. So final
> diagnosis is duodenal ulcer. Now, when health issues are printed, it fails to
> suggest that previous issues mentioned are dd, while final diagnosis is du.
> All are printed. This needs clarity. Any suggestion is well come

GNUmed will faithfully (or it should) print what the doctor ordered.

If one wants to differentiate DD from final Dx one needs to tell
GNUmed which is which:

considered:
1. Gall stone disease
2. chronic panc
3. acid peptic disease
established:
 duodenal ulcer

If the above goes into a soAp printout I don't see a problem.