Re: [Gnumed-devel] Field length

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Field length
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 12:55:49 +0200

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 04:56:51PM +0000, Vaibhav Banait wrote:

> When I put

>       assessment

> as

>       alcoholic cirrhosis child c with portal hypertension
>       with ascites with spontaneous bacterial ascites with
>       hepatic encephalopathy
>
> while printing problem list, the health issue gets
> truncated.

Just a nitpick: setting the "assessment" (as in soAp row) to
anything is unrelated to printing the problem list.

I shall assume you meant to say "when I put ... into the
health issue description field that field gets truncated on
printing", right ?

If so, there can be several reasons:

a) the template format having arbitrary limits (I am not
   aware of LaTeX having such limits)

b) the placeholder defining a maximum length (can you
   please send the template you are using ?)

c) GNUmed arbitrarily limiting the length exported into
   the template - let me check - nope, it doesn't:

        def _get_variant_problems(self, data=None):

                if data is None:
                        return [_('template is missing')]

                probs = self.pat.get_emr().get_problems()

                return u'\n'.join([ data % p for p in probs ])

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de