[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac OS 10.8.x (Mountain Lion)

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac OS 10.8.x (Mountain Lion)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 23:43:10 +0000

With Mac OS 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), the previous version of X11 has been
replaced by Apple's XQuartz project.

While I was able to install MacPorts and run GNUmed without any
initially-obvious problem, my client is lately freezing up much more often,
sometimes after as few as 10 - 15 actions causing me to have to quit and
relaunch the client if not X11.

This is highly motivating me to see whether, with some help, I can eventually
get a Mac specific binary put together.

-- Jim