Re: [Gnumed-devel] Workaround for prescriptions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Workaround for prescriptions
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 22:33:30 +0200

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:38:54PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> > This already happens. After mogrifying a LaTeX template into
> > a LaTeX document ready for consumption by the pdflatex
> > processor GNUmed checks whether it can find an editor for
> > either of (in that order):
> >
> >     mimetypes = [
> >             u'application/x-latex',
> >             u'application/x-tex',
> >             u'text/plain'
> >     ]
> >
> > When it does it uses that to enable the user to edit the
> > final LaTeX code before submitting that for PDF generation.
>
> Does this then mean that the existing code lacks something
> -- when running under Mac OS -- to be able to identify and
> launch a suitable application?

No. In fact the MacOS in question seems to be lacking
something, namely setting up of a mime type to editor
association for the above types, or else a standard UNIXish
way of presenting same to interested apps.

> BTW, I noticed that only just recently is my GNUmed client
> auto-attaching not only generated PDFs, but also the tex
> file from which the PDF had been generated.
>
> Can that be accounted for by some new code in a point
> release from the last several weeks?

Indeed:

        1.2.2

IMPROVED: more frequent waiting list updates [thanks J.Busser]
IMRPOVED: release mail word-smithing
IMPROVED: disambiguate "problem IS health issue" in SOAP editor [thanks
J.Busser]
IMPROVED: better listing of bills w/o items [thanks J.Busser]

FIX: tooltip of bills w/o items [thanks J.Busser]
FIX: failure to save .tex bill files
FIX: faulty encounter matcher SQL [thanks J.Busser]
FIX: failure to properly modify workplace plugin list [thanks V.Banait]

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de