Re: [Gnumed-devel] Requests

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Requests
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:14:48 +0200

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 05:46:21PM +0000, Vaibhav Banait wrote:

> Enabling keyboard short cuts  for pluggins shall help
> dependence of mouse significantly. I would suggest creating
> short cuts for at least following pluggins . Eg
> Control + n  new patient demographic

<ALT-P>, <R> (register)

> Control + p new encounter

<ALT-N>

> Control + s save encounter

What do you mean by this ?

You can

- <ALT-L>
- scroll to desired encounter
- or tab to [edit active encounter] and press <SPACE>
- <ALT-E> (<ALT-r> for me)
- edit as needed
- <ALT-S>
- or tab to [Save] and press <SPACE>
- <ESC> to close list of encounters

> Control + shift + p print current encounter

- <ALT-S>
- select first menu item (write letter)
- scroll down to desired template
- <ALT-O>

> Control + m current medications list

<ALT-G> <CURSOR-RIGHT> <M> <ENTER>

> Control + shift + m print medications list

- <ALT-G> <CURSOR-RIGHT> <M> <ENTER>   (see above)
- <ALT-P>

> Especially I feel write document require too many mouse clicks.

One can write documents without any clicks AFAICT. There are
quite a few steps, however, I agree.

> Also when we use write document, the tex file is always
> shown. though only occasionally it needs modification, it is
> not a common occurrence.

I agree.

> I would request getting away with this step.

Agreed it is rarely truly necessary. However, all it asks
for is another <ALT-F4> (or equivalent). In case that's
truly excessive one can deconfigure the editor for mime
types "x-latex" and/or "x-xetex". I now removed the
hardcoded fallback to "notepad.exe" (or "sensible-editor" on
Linux).

> As tex file is always saved with pdf docs, occasional
> modification can be achieved by modifying these tex files.

But it is currently not convenient at all to re-run those
saved .tex files through their respective engine (say,
pdflatex).

> Though this may be repeatation of what I requested before,
> I think using  a short cut such as control + shift + c,
> should allow creation of abbreviation from typed text.

- copy to clipboard, then
- <ALT-G> <M> (master data) <CURSOR-RIGHT> <ENTER>
- scroll to "keyword expansions"
- <ALT-R>
- <ALT-H> (ALT-N)
- edit as neeeded, including pasting from clipboard
- <ALT-O>

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de