Re: [Gnumed-devel] Position of cursor while typing

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Position of cursor while typing
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:25:57 +0100

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:02:11AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > Does the cursor "catch up" when you pause typing ?
> >
> > No. It remains 3 spaces/letters behind.
>
> I see. It does seem likely that it is due to the way GNUmed
> uses wxPython.
>
> Do you notice it in all text fields within GNUmed or only
> within the SOAP fields you showed in the screenshot ?

The exception was easy to fix (and does not manifest itself
in released versions).

I can, indeed, reproduce erratic cursor behaviour. This text
field is based on the Scintilla code base and was written by
Ian Haywood, as far as I remember. It

        client/wxpython/gmResizingWidgets.py::cResizingSTC

has been in a state of bit rot for several years and I don't
really feel confident to wade in and attempt to locate the
problem in the face of better supported replacements readily
available.

I'd really suggest you look at the SimpleNotes plugin as a
replacement for the decaying "Progress Notes" one.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de