Re: [Gnumed-devel] abbreviation -simple soap

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] abbreviation -simple soap
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:18:15 +0100

I must withdraw my suggestion to use the SimpleSoap plugin because
that plugin does not at all differentiate SOAP. It stores all
items under soapU. Also, as you noticed:

> 1. Abbreviation expander  does not work on simple soap in ubuntu

Maybe you can consider switching to the full-fledged Progress Notes
plugin (or wait until 1.3 where you can use the progress notes
editor inside the EMR tree plugin) ?

> 2. what will the placeholder for visit documented on simple soap.

The placeholder would be the same, of course ;-)

Anything SOAPy will end up in the very same fields in the database,
regardless of which field it was entered in. Thusly, the SOAP-style
placeholders operate on all of them.

That being said you could easily test the other plugins I suggested
*in parallel* to the one you are used to -- because it will all end
up as SOAP notes in the database.