Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 06:48:44 +0000

On 2013-01-21, at 7:24 PM, Vaibhav Banait <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can we have placeholders for s, o, a, p and may be for measurements for
> CURRENT Visit /encounter separately. This should easily facilitate creating
> simple templates where visit is to be printed.

What Vaibhav desires might be achievable with current placeholders depending on
a few things …

1) 'soap_for_encounters'  lets the user select a list of encounters for which
LaTeX formatted progress notes are emitted, which should offer the ability to
choose the encounter despite that it involves a bit of work to make the
selection

2) 'emr_journal' accepts a <time range> in weeks but I do not know whether a
value less than 1 week (such as 0.2 corresponding to 1.4 days) would throw an
error. Also, this has the disadvantage of saving the desired <time range> hard
coded into the template. I have been wondering whether the desired time frame
could be inputted interactively but maybe the equivalent is achieved by
selecting a series of encounters by using method 1

-- Jim