Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to get your own drug database into GNUmed

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to get your own drug database into GNUmed
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 16:29:36 +0000

Might Germany or Brazil have professional doctor associations that would
develop tables of available drugs as a service to their own members, for
internal distribution?

I cannot see that *knowledge* of what exists, and which can be purchased:

        chemical name, brand name, strength, form

can be secret or owned, only the implementation, and if the association
assembles its own then I can see no reason why it cannot freely provide it to
its members (or, if the information is supplied by the drug companies, why it
cannot be provided under a non-redistribution license)

-- Jim