Re: [Gnumed-devel] Meld calculator

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Meld calculator
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 07:17:08 +0200

Hi,

On Tuesday, April 02, 2013 03:44:07 PM address@hidden wrote:

> Python has good inbuilt calculator. Can we use it through gnumed to

> calculate meld

> en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_for_End-Stage_Liver_Disease

> Sent from my Nokia phone

Do you mean calculator or capability to calulate ?

Do you mean you would like to see a calculator in GNUmed such as Calc on Windows ? Or do you want to see a meld score calculator ?

As a first step GNUmed could gain a simple calculator done in wxpython.

http://wiki.wxpython.org/CalculatorDemo

For the actual meld score caculation there needs to be special calculation code. In other words python source code which does the calculation. Where to get the input values for meld from (manual input or automatic calculation from lab) is another issue.

Writing such a calculator is a nice job for someone who wants to learn python. Polishing and integration could be done by e.g. Karsten.

I would recommend to start with a standalone meld calculator done in wxpython.

1.) Find a tutorial on creating a basic wxpython app

- http://wiki.wxpython.org/Getting%20Started

2.) Add the calculation logic

- see calculator example

3.) Send to the list