Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed REST API

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed REST API
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 19:40:28 +0200

On Thursday 04 April 2013 21:05:28 Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 12:05:35PM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> > https://raxaemr.atlassian.net/wiki/display/RAXAJSS/Raxa+JSS+EMR+Applicatio

> > n+Architecture

> > I wonder if something like this could be achieved for GNUmed.

> What is the proposed use case ?

Providing the ability to write webbased interfaces. We have had 3 proof of concept attempts.

The last one by Luke is quite functional in principle but requires a software stack which not many people will be able to handle.

When I came across Raxa I found out that they are using openMRS through an REST-Api to avoid falling behind when db schema is changed.

I admit I know little about REST but I guess it could be employed to allow webbased interfaces.

Sebastian