Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.4 Features

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.4 Features
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:30:15 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 10. April 2013, 11:22:19 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 10:05:30PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> > Does it mean that to make a prescribing translation I will have to

> > translate all of FreeDiams too?

> Not if all you want is the *prescription* to be in pt_BR. In

> that case FreeDiams can be configured to do that while the

> software itself keeps running in English.

> The bigger problem might be to get hold of Brazilian

> medications data.

Vaibav is currently working on an Spreadsheet for Indian drugs. To get this into GNUmed some sort of translation into sql data is needed. If this proves to be manageable we could make a spreadsheet template available which could be filled with any drug information available (even manually) and could be transferred to GNUmed.

I could even imagine some sort of webservice which could let you produce said sqlfile from a web interface. Type in drugs into web interface or load data from file and have it converted to sql file. At an even later stage the sql file could be directly imported into GNUmed.

This actually is even manageable for a dedicated python beginner.

1) Grab a python web framework to produce the webinterface.

http://www.blog.fruiapps.com/2012/05/Choose-your-Python-Web-Framework-the-Hard-Way

2) type in some data

3) write it to sql file

http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/