Re: [Gnumed-devel] how to think like a computer scientist

From: Liz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] how to think like a computer scientist
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 21:13:34 +1000

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:35:27 +0200
Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Ever wondered how all this programming works ?
>
> Why not get started today ? Here are two books to start with
>
> http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/
>
> or
>
> http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian

Sebastian
I've tried and tried
It's hard after many years of learning to do pattern recognition and
diagnostic heuristics which involve initially widening the search and
then narrowing it
but I don't think like a computer scientist

this is quoted from a xmpp chat between me and my son (aforesaid
computer scientist)
Mother: are you doing honours?
Son: (gave an evasive answer)
Mother: Can I have a binary answer 'Yes' or 'No'
Son: Have you heard of trinary? 'Yes' or 'No' or 'Maybe'