Re: [Gnumed-devel] (no subject)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:18:43 +0200

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 06:34:57AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:

> I was able to print directly from 1:3:1 and now the pdf is
> generated and stored in documents, but is not sent to
> printer. The pdf file fails to autoopen - with message
> access to folder is denied.

AHA. Eventually we get to the root of the problem
(hopefully).

> Previously no attempt was made
> to autoopen pdf and was peacefully stored.

Oh it was but the user only saw the PDF being open.

> I can open generated pdf and print from document.

Good.

> Appears to be because
> of possible change of temp folder. Win 7 possibly does not
> allows any manipulations with program files or windows
> folder for non administers. But not very sure of the cause.
> Running program as admin actually failed to generate any
> pdf.

Thanks for your investigation. Such data truly helps in
pinpointing the problem.

Up until 1.3.1 we did one (apparently crucial) thing in a
different way: We copied the generated PDF from the *TeX
sandbox into the standard GNUmed temp dir (that is, one
level up in the directory hierarchy). When copying, the PDF
acquired the access rights associated with the user running
the gnumed.exe process while the *tex.exe-generated PDF held
the rights of the user having run the *tex.exe process
(which really SHOULD be the same as the gnumed.exe one
because gnumed.exe *executes* *tex.exe but apparently that
ain't so).

Consequently, I will again copy the PDF as before - that
should take care of it.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de