Re: [Gnumed-devel] adding new table to clin schema

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] adding new table to clin schema
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 18:10:20 +0000

On 2013-04-14, at 7:13 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>> (I know that database hash would change, that is different issue)
>
> No problem. That's what major-version upgrades are for.

The database hash for whatever is, at any time,

        GNUmed "standard"

will surely be based around the tables expected to be found in GNUmed. If OTOH
users add their own tables, then they will have a mismatch with GNUmed
"standard" and will be unable to perform the next upgrade unless:

- they rename their table so as to place it under

        staging

        and then perform the upgrade and then change back their table, or

- they achieve to get their table included in GNUmed "standard"

unless I got something wring?

-- Jim