Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter update / creation and moving between patien

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter update / creation and moving between patients
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 00:57:52 +0200

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 08:30:12PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> GNUmed 1.3.4
>
> I set focus on an existing patient and, with the patient in focus, created
> and attached a document.  That was my last activity for the day yesterday,
> and I left the GNUmed client running.
>
> Today, I started creating a new patient. I inputted all required information
> into the new patient creation widget, and was presented with a prompt to
> update the encounter information.
>
> After I updated and saved the encounter information (type, purpose), I
> realized that what I had done was to alter the information for the encounter
> that related to *yesterday's* patient, not the new patient whose encounter
> details I was thinking that I was editing.
>
> Is it agreed that on this question of the patient who is already in focus,
> and whom we are about to *leave*, it is better to prompt to complete the
> in-focus-encounter before the user's brain starts engaging any data relating
> to the new patient?

That is not possible, by definition.

I modified the encounter dialog:

- reordered instruction and patient field
- show patient in 12pt rather than 10pt like everything else
- show patient in red if different from current patient
- show appropriate instructions if showing encounter edit
  area on leaving patient

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de