Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demo data

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demo data
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 22:40:03 +0000

On 2013-05-31, at 2:38 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>>>     $> pg_dump -d gnumed_vXX -U gm-dbo -c -s -f schema_dump.sql
>>>     $> createdb -O gm-dbo gnumed_vXX_empty
>>>     $> psql -d gnumed_vXX_empty -U gm-dbo -f schema_dump.sql
>>
>> Besides test patient's data, which can be omitted, there are
>> configuration data and many useful lists, which need to be inserted.
>
> Well, people claimed they wanted an "empty" database.

Literal interpretations, such as this, are helpful to remind simply "be careful
about what you ask".

Instead of identifying what to bootstrap, is it more practical to identify what
*not* to bootstrap, and how most easily to enable this selectivity?

1) does one disable the following (except if it matches one's own country)

        in:

~/Downloads/gnumed-server.18.4/server/bootstrap/bootstrap-latest.conf

        the lines:
            bootstrap-de.conf
            bootstrap-es.conf
            bootstrap-ca.conf
            bootstrap-au.conf
            bootstrap-test_data.conf

2) does disabling the above line 'bootstrap-test_data.conf' enable to avoid to
bootstrap, from

        ~ /gnumed-server.18.4/server/sql/test-data

        the following:

        gmDemographics-Person-test_data.sql
        test_data-Kirk-procedure-dynamic.sql
        test_data-Leonard_McCoy.sql
        test_data-Christine_Chapel.sql
        test_data-Kirk-vaccinations.sql
        test_data-Spock.sql
        test_data-James_Kirk.sql
        test_data-Kirk_hospital_stay-dynamic.sql
        test_data-USS_Enterprise.sql
        test_data-Julian_Bashir.sql
        test_data-Kirk_medication-dynamic.sql
        test_data-lab_regression.sql
        test_data-Kirk-diagnostic_certainty-dynamic.sql
        test_data-Kirk_multi_results-dynamic.sql

3) some of the same .conf files (as listed above) appear also in

        ~/gnumed-server.18.4/server/bootstrap/redo-v2.conf

… however I was unable to find 'redo-v2.conf' referenced inside any of the
scripts and so am unclear of the purpose that it serves (or whether it is
deprecated?)

4) how to avoid to bootstrap the test accounts in

        ~/gnumed-server.18.4/server/sql/gmTestAccounts.sql

5) how does GNUmed know or decide whether to bootstrap from each of the
subdirectories within sql/country.specific or just one subdirectory (or no
subdirectories)?

-- Jim