Re: [Gnumed-devel] Corrupt database

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Corrupt database
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 17:58:40 +0200

On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 03:42:25PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:

> I failed to capture all the errors while restoring data
> only from corrupt database.

So now you are in the same situation like before - you've
got a database which you know has errors and you don't know
which.

> Is there any log file I could find ?

Some bits will be in the PostgreSQL log.

> Insert or update on table keyword based expansion violets
> foreign key constraint keyword expansion fk staff fkey
> details: fk-staff=5 is not present in table staff

Such things are to be expected, yes, and to be able to iron
them out we need to know them.

They are indicative of either missing config-like data (as
per Jerzy's wording) or faulty data - which we can then
remove the backup that is to be restored.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de