Re: [Gnumed-devel] Finally ... monocomponent and multicomponent drug lis

From: Eric Maeker
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Finally ... monocomponent and multicomponent drug lists for Brazil
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:03:07 +0200

Ok my first reaction was "outch" ;)
I believe that all the work to do will not be "auto-"reproducible with every
update. You should try to find a better raw source.

If you want to work with this source, I think that the best thing to do is to
extract all distinct forms (by-hand), create a table with them, translate them
in english (so that any non-spanish speakers can understand the content and
help).
Then we should be able to "guess" the strength of the component (only for
unique component drugs).

If you want to split strength and form, you will have find a "generic rule" for
each form.

1) extract all available forms & expand abbrev./translate

2) ping back

Eric