Re: [Gnumed-devel] Finally ... monocomponent and multicomponent drug lis

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Finally ... monocomponent and multicomponent drug lists for Brazil
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:32:09 -0300

Ok my first reaction was "outch" ;)
I believe that all the work to do will not be "auto-"reproducible with every update. You should try to find a better raw source.

I don't need it to be automated for future updates (there maybe could be a diff script to do this, and if not there is always the manual way - I can live with that).

If you want to work with this source, I think that the best thing to do is to extract all distinct forms (by-hand), create a table with them, translate them in english (so that any non-spanish speakers can understand the content and help).
Then we should be able to "guess" the strength of the component (only for unique component drugs).

"any non-portuguese speakers" is more correct ;) ... but I get where you are going

If you want to split strength and form, you will have find a "generic rule" for each form.

1) extract all available forms & expand abbrev./translate

2) ping back

This I can do ... LibreOffice is great at localize/substitute with reproductibility via macro recording ... I do this on other files already :))

R.