Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 23:16:14 +0000

On 2013-07-08, at 2:32 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 06:22:57PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> (4) "Meta type"
>>
>> The tooltip says "Select the meta type as which to aggregate for display
>> results with this test type."
>>
>> Does this enable to create new, or only to select among existing?
>
> It only selects among existing.

This creates a problem, because

        GNUmed menu > Master data > Meta test/measurement types

provides only the button Edit, which on clicking provides only the dialog

        Showing meta test types

        (list of existing)

        [ OK ]    [ Cancel ]

Also, if one examines the dialog, what is included in an aggregation -- after
an aggregation would exist -- is not clear. Will there exist a constraint that
all items to be aggregated must each have a LOINC? This will not result in a
1:1 relationship because LOINC does not in every case (if it does in any case)
assign units which is why my in praxis values for

        weight

have one value for kg and another value for pounds. I am not sure how to
complete an aggregation for these items, nor to achieve a conversion factor. I
am wondering also whether to differentiate weights reported to me by the
patient. Are such values still permitted to be in measurements and should they
be assigned some separate test type as

        weight, kg, self-reported

??

-- JIm