[Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - Test panels

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - Test panels
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 08:53:17 +0000

I think that I earlier misunderstood the workflow of test panels.

I had misunderstood that it was via the Codes field that the test types would be created.

I also wasn't sure what would be the role of

Select

because I misunderstood whether to be trying to select (via mouse cursor selection) one or more of the listings within "Test types" … except that these cannot be selected.

I now realize that any Codes are optional and it is via the button that is currently labelled "Select" that the panel is intended to be (in a *different* dialog, and not in the dialog of the screenshot) created and revised.

So my suggestions would be:

1) the button requires ellipses after the label, for example

Select …

to indicate that clicking this button will take the user into more steps.

2) better than "Select …" (because it is such a low-level action) would be a higher level description i.e. semantic of what can be achieved, which is to

Define …

3) for the tooltip pertaining to the Comment under Description would it be acceptable to revise from

A comment on this test panel.

A comment on this test panel or a long-form description thereof.