Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - measurement units

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - measurement units
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 07:44:26 +0000

(3) from which it follows that (as currently implemented) there is a
shortcoming of creating a new test inside

        patient Measurement > Add

because it seems to me that whatever is entered in the Add dialog for 'Units'
('The unit this result comes in') will be stored in the new test type's column
for conversion_unit.

This shortcoming seems manageable, because the correction can be postponed
until later revision of one or more "conversion units" via

        GNUmed > Master data > Manage lists

… Am I correct that there does not yet exist, in GNUmed, a place to store the
conversion factors? While some of these can be generic, for example

        mass per dimension per time (or combinations thereof)

anything that has a molar quantity and also a weight, say creatinine, seems
will need to be a substance-specific conversion?

-- Jim