Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - value colour red , display of

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - value colour red , display of � , and gnuplot auto-invocation?
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 21:13:26 +0000

On 2013-07-10, at 12:15 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 01:01:24AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Somehow, after I had added a second value of a same measurement (see
>> screenshot)
>>
>> (1) one of the values is shown in red as
>>
>> 467 …
>
> Can you show the tooltip thereof ?

By trial and process of observation / elimination, results that are signed as

        Relevant

are thereafter displayed in red. If however they are signed "Abnormal" (but not
relevant) then they appear to be given no visual prominence. I imagine that is
ok. If an indicator exists (such as +) then that will show whether or not the
signing involves either Abnormal or Relevant.

I kind of like the way that some apps (like my own hospital system) utilize a
background colour to indicate "low" and "high" as shown in the recent screenshot

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2013-07/msg00122.html

because it makes it easy to visually see where the value has changed, and it
visually separates the state of the numeric result (the low or high or normal)
from the numeric value.

In GNUmed, clinical importance ("relevant") and the numeric or text value are
both combined into red characters.

I would welcome
- the implementation of background colours (blue, pink) to visually inform high
or low, in addition to continuing to show any character "indicator")
- instead of making relevant text red, a filter that can show only the
"relevant" results

-- JIm