Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication lists

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication lists
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 22:16:58 +0000

On 2013-07-13, at 1:10 PM, "Karsten Hilbert" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 04, 2013 at 10:22:12PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> The main thing that I would like us to figure out earlier,
>> rather than later, is how to be able to keep in view a
>> record of what a patient was *previously* taking. Currently,
>> we have a mixture with part of the information disappearing
>> into the audit tables and inaccessible except by going
>> outside of GNUmed using the gm-dbo credential.
>
> Strictly speaking, the audit trail IS accessible from within
> the GNUmed client

well it's actually *not* accessible to every clinician unless they are all
(inadvisably) provided the gm-dbo which access to even just browse the audit
trail requires. Therefore the current situation is inadvisable, and/or doubly
impractical.

We need to remove the constraint on replicates of a substance. Replicates are
innocuous when inactive,

Replicates among existing drugs may, or may not, be intentional. They may, or
may not, be a good idea. However GNUmed may helpfully visually indicate such
states (with colour and ideally also total daily doses > a reference amount),
it must not refuse to store reality.

-- Jim