Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some issues

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some issues
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:24:54 +0000

On 2013-07-13, at 3:08 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 04:50:05PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> In the meantime, I attach ideas from examples of two
>> different lab views provided by my hospital system,
>
> Thanks. What is the name of the system ?

Its name (and ownership) has evolved serially through

        LastWord (PHAMIS)
        LastWord (IDX)
        CareCast (IDX)
        Centricity (GE)

and the hospital will now be moving to a system from Cerner.

>> to point out that…
>>
>> … in the first screenshot,
>>
>> - the left column does, in some cases, use abbreviations (say, MCV instead
>> of Mean Cell Volume)
>
> I doubt "it" uses them abbrevs. I suppose it uses whatever
> it receives within a given HL7 (?) field.

Either way, my point is that someone (whether the sending lab, or the people
who wrote the interface) chose in some cases to use an abbreviation.

>> - the columns widths are not adjustable
>
> Is that good or bad or a neutral observation ?

Neutral. The clinicians, though they complained about other limitations of the
system, never AFAIK complained about the inability to resize the left column
width.