Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - value colour red

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - value colour red
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:53:22 +0200 (CEST)

>> How about a color for "out of range" flowed by a up-arrow / down-arrow ?
>> I can live with 2 colors though ...
>
> While it is already supported by GNUmed to include whatever abnormality
> indicator has been supplied by the lab (or manually by the clinician)
> into the cell, for example
>
> Potassium 3.3 ( - )
>
> problems include:
>
> (1) any indicator auto-supplied by a lab may fail to match a target range, if
> one
> has been defined for the patient, and

That's right (even with a normal range supplied later) -- we might check for
that and
append "?" when there's a mismatch ?

> (2) the existence of a target range will not currently cause the abnormality
>     indicator to be updated

However, if there is none it will be calculated automatically upon display.

> however it seems to me reasonable that, at the time of signing, if the
> clinician
> accepts to keep a target range that has auto-seeded the measurement, or of
> the clinician
> has inputted or altered a target range, then it would be reasonable for
> GNUmed to process
> the information and
>
> auto-assign + if the measurement exceeds the target range and
> auto-assign - if the measurement falls below the target range

I don't think there's a need as it's auto-calculated as needed.

However, there may be value in cross-checking an existing indicator
vs existing range information.