Re: [Gnumed-devel] More than eight drugs

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] More than eight drugs
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 21:47:29 +0000

On 2013-07-22, at 1:49 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 07:24:00PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>>> One hint: if you would like to show (some) patient
>>> demographics on each page you might want to include it
>>> within the header or footer.
>>
>> Among my packages, I
>>
>> 1) first of all, include
>>
>>      \usepackage{afterpage} % to redefine headers and footer elements e.g.
>> after page 1
>>      \usepackage{fancyhdr} % fancy headers
>>
>> 2) secondly, I define the headers and footers that I desire (in the manner
>> required by fancyhdr *), and I do so for my first page *before* my
>>
>>      \begin{document}
>>
>> and then, immediately after, I invoke afterpage
>>
>>      \afterpage{\foo{}}
>>
>> where 'foo' is the header or footer element that I desire to redefine, which
>> then takes effect for my 2nd through last pages *if* they will exist.
>>
>> -- Jim
>>
>> * http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Page_Layout#Customizing_with_fancyhdr
>
> Shall we open a Wiki page listing Best Practices for which
> packages to include how and where for GNUmed LaTeX/XeLaTeX
> forms ?

In time, yes. My current concern is my ability to support and maintain the page
especially as I still learn more about Latex and in the meantime happy to share
my templates as already previously posted. I suppose the alternative is to
maintain a bare page and even link to the archive postings to which some
personal templates had been attached.

-- Jim