Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication lists - Corrections vs Changes

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication lists - Corrections vs Changes
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:01:43 +0000

On 2013-07-23, at 9:33 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> I understand the clinical side of things.
>
> I am talking about technical implications which need to be thought through
> (and handled) before "just removing a constraint".

Re-expressing this in the simplest possible form, can the question be:

        What happens when we "remove the constraint"?

Am I correct to expect that we should:

1. First of all, know the clinical implications and identify what we should
want or need to assist reliably safe, quality care … which I think we have been
doing

2. Identify what removing the constraint would do in the backend, and in the
GUI …

(a) in the backend, there may newly be states where values in rows interact
with other constraints, or triggers, in a new way that needs to be looked at
and worked through, and
(b) in the GUI, changes may be required to conform to what is newly required or
desired

Does the above cover the work needed to be done before removing the constraint?

-- Jim