Re: [Gnumed-devel] Adding medication defaults

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Adding medication defaults
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 01:45:33 +0000

Is there a reason why it must be absolutely necessary, in cal cases, to input a

        Preparation

because

1) in the case of something not approved of I will not, in every case, either
know (or see value) to try to input information as to whether the thing is a
capsule or a tablet etc

2) even when it is something that I have prescribed (let alone whether it was
something prescribed by another doctor involved in the care) I will not always
know the form that is being taken … I sometimes consider myself lucky that the
patient even brings a list, and the list never says "tablet" or "capsule" and
yet I can see value to inputting these medications into the list of substances
that are being taken.

If I know what the patient is taking (tablet or capsule) this can help to
disambiguate which one we are talking about, when the patient did not bring the
pills with them.

Therefore I agree there is value to *having* the field (column).

I just do not agree it is helpful to require that a value must be inputted with
every medication.

-- Jim