Re: [Gnumed-devel] Reference information accessible from within GNUmed c

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Reference information accessible from within GNUmed client
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 19:02:24 +0000

On 2013-07-25, at 11:26 AM, "Karsten Hilbert" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 02:58:00PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>>> The documentation as such will be put into the right place
>>> for each distro by any self-respecting package anways so users can
>>> go look it up there.
>>
>> Better, perhaps, would be provide a configurable menu item under
>>
>>    Knowledge
>> or    Help
>>
>> (I think, under "Help") such as
>>
>>    Documentation
>>
>> which the user can map to whatever is a suitable local folder?
>
> Sounds to me like re-implementing a desktop link.
>
> Sure, the button is closer to where the user is already at.

Above, did you mean "the button by which to be shown the db schema" ?

I was thinking orthogonally, not to that specific page, but rather to the
overall local client folder (directory) containing the documents. By the way,
if one thereof serves as an index.html (even if not so named), that could be
the one that opens on menu item selection (once configured).

-- Jim