Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication lists - Duration - Started

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication lists - Duration - Started
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 21:25:00 +0000

On 2013-07-29, at 2:10 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 08:53:50PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Which is why I am pleading to the project to accept the
>> clinical necessity of recognizing that a patient is taking
>> a medication whose start date is not feasible to determine
>> with accuracy,
>
> There's no need for pleading as the clinical reality is
> readily evident.

GNUmed has managed so far to support some, but not all, clinical realities.

If the current thinking is "yes, we shall relax clin_when NON NULL, but only
once we are satisfied this does not bite anyone" this would be helpful to know …

… maybe I missed it

… or maybe or it has not yet been said

… maybe, if it has so far gone unsaid, it is from some desire not to relax it
*except* in the same iteration as (possibly) relaxing the constraints that
currently prevent

        Current Medication List

to be more flexible in what it permits, including certain aspects of medication
history.

-- Jim