Re: [Gnumed-devel] Inadvertent deletion of Procedure when Deleting episo

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Inadvertent deletion of Procedure when Deleting episode
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 11:37:37 +0200

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 08:43:53AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

>       gnumed_v18=> select * from clin.clin_root_item
>       WHERE fk_episode IS NULL ;
>
> yields no rows.

That is to be expected as there is a NOT NULL constraint on
clin.clin_root_item.fk_episode.

What does this show:

        \d clin.clin_root_item
        \d clin.episode
        \d clin.procedure

> Is it possible that deleting the episode succeeded to
> delete a row in the root item table (despite this was not
> intended to be possible)?

That would mean several bugs in PostgreSQL which is
extremely hard to believe.

For me, the clin.clin_root_item row (as well as the
procedure row) both still exist despite the episode row
clearly being gone and it having appeared in the audit
table.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de