Re: [Gnumed-devel] Inadvertent deletion of Procedure when Deleting episo

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Inadvertent deletion of Procedure when Deleting episode
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 12:15:05 +0200

On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 11:42:53AM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > I was able to do the following to see some of the data from these tables
> >
> >     SELECT p.relname, pk_item, clin_when, substr(narrative, 1, 40)
> >     FROM clin.clin_root_item f, pg_class p
> >     WHERE f.tableoid = p.oid;
>
> Sure but what does this demonstrate ?
>
> You could just as well have said:
>
> SELECT
>       tableoid::regclass AS relname,
>       pk_item,
>       clin_when,
>       substr(narrative from 1 for 40)
> FROM
>       clin.clin_root_item
> ;
>
> and not need pg_class at all. However, this does not prove
> anything as far as I can see. What was your intent ?

I was mainly wondering what the intent of the SELECT
regarding the data was as it does not show anything beyond
what rows might be in clin.clin_root_item and which table
they come from. It does not elicit anything missing or
out-of-sync or some such. It does not reconcile any notions
of what should be where.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de